Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Reshaping it All - Day 43

Reshaping it All - Day 43


Today I'd like to continue our discussion on priorities. In chapter twelve, Candace writes:
The reason that priorities have been so important through my journey is because while I've been fortifying my body with diet and exercise, I also know that fortifying the very core of my being powers the actions I take.

Could I get out of bed at 3:45 without self-control? Could I balance it all without patience? Could I enjoy every stage of my children's lives without joy? And what would my future hold without faith? (Reshaping it All, page 147)
Setting out to lose weight won't do anyone an ounce of good, but setting out to change the way one lives and the way they relate to food will.

I remember our first year of marriage. My husband and I had a french door in our living room that we picked up at the local hardware store. Anxious to set it up, I painted the door with white latex. The next day I painted it again--and the next day, and the next day after that...

After about 10 coats of paint, my husband and I realized that there was a good reason painters used primer. The wood wasn't going to cooperate without first being sealed.

In much the same way, our bodies aren't always willing to cooperate with our brains if we don't tend to those things of importance first.

Good intentions can easily be stifled by impatience, gluttony, and a tendency to be lazy. But if you work on those things by fortifying your spirit, the fruit of your spirit each become an asset that powers your intent.

To learn more about fortifying your spirit, I encourage you to read, Galatians chapter 5.

Darlene Schacht, Co-author of Reshaping it All


__________________________________________

Sunday is the last day to enter this weeks giveaway from GoodMorningGirls.org!


The Family Reading Bible by Zondervan:
  1. It has a reading plan inside the Bible. You can choose to use their reading plan or go at your own pace.

  2. It has questions throughout the Bible for discussions with the kids. These are so helpful to keep a good dialogue going.

  3. It’s fun to have a Bible that is designated as the “Family Bible.”
GoodMorningGirls.org would like to give away one copy of the Family Reading Bible to a Reshaping It All reader!

* To enter simply leave us a comment any day, between now and Sunday.*

For extra entries: comment daily, or tweet, facebook or blog this notice, and let us know that you did:
"GoodMorningGirls.org is hosting a giveaway at http://www.ReshapingItAll.com"
_____________________________________________

Post a Comment | Twitter: Hashtag #reshapingitall

Wanna Get Connected? Leave a comment, add your linky below daily, or chat in the Cbox. And have fun!!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the daily encouragement to read my Daily Bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to get my hands on that family Bible! We are just wrapping up the one we've been going through with our kids and want to start a new one.

    ReplyDelete